Wednesday, 10 December 2014

What Are Advantages And Disadvantages Of Using LED Lighting in Singapore?

LED T8 tubes were originally used as a replacement for incandescent indicators and displays in laboratory equipment, etc. LED prices have only recently has dropped enough to make them viable for residential and commercial markets.

LED home lighting can include anything from outdoor to Christmas lights. With the current looming energy crisis, and the pressure which was exerted on governments and businesses alike for more sustainable energy solutions, LED T8 tube lights have a bright future in space lighting solutions.

Firstly, the advantages of using LED lights in Singapore are that they are far more efficient than any other lighting alternative commercially available at the moment. LED bulbs have a 100,000 hour lifespan, and will last for 11 years at continuous operation, or 22 years at 50% operation. Compare this to the approximate lifespan of 5,000 hours for an incandescent light bulb and 10,000 hours for a fluorescent light. Many businesses find the lifespan of LED light bulbs very attractive - imagine you only have to change the signage on a business property once every 11 years. With incandescent and fluorescent bulbs, the true cost of the bulb should include the labor expense and time needed to replace them. LED lights virtually eliminate lighting maintenance costs.

Secondly, by using LED lighting over conventional lighting the power consumption is definitely reduced. An LED bulb is capable of converting 80% of the electrical energy used into light energy. The remaining 20% electrical energy is lost as heat energy. Incandescent light bulbs only convert 20% of the electrical energy used into actual light energy, which means that a staggering 80% of electrical energy is lost as heat energy. If you compare the 80% efficiency of LED lights with the 20% efficiency of incandescent lights, the optimal choice of light bulb is quite apparent.

The disadvantages of using LED T8 tube lights in Singapore is that the primary limitation is the current high cost of LED light bulbs. Even though the cost of LED light is steadily decreasing, replacing a 100W incandescent light bulb with an LED alternative can be a bit costly The startup cost may seem daunting, but LED light bulbs pay for themselves over time since they can last for numerous years, and saves a lot of money in terms of electricity used. For businesses, using LED lights makes a whole lot of sense since the reduced maintenance costs more than make up for the steep start-up cost.

For more information on Ai LED lighting Singapore, pls click here 

No comments :

Post a Comment